The United Armenian Congregational Church is always seeking highly energetic people to join their leadership. Browse below our current openings.
Youth Ministries Assistant
Posted: March 1
The United Armenian Congregational Church (3480 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Los Angeles) is seeking a highly energetic Youth Ministries Assistant for approx. 10 hrs per week. This person will report directly to the Pastor of Christian Education to assist with Jr. High and High School youth programs. Wednesday and Friday evening availability is required and will involve organizing, teaching and discipleship. Periodic assistance at a local camp may also be required. Requirements include – spiritually mature, faithful and available to Jesus Chris for service, bilingual in Armenian (a plus but not required), current or graduate of seminary (a plus but not required), teaching and organizing skills.
To provide support for youth ministries at UACC. May also qualify to meet the Field Education requirement for an M. Div. Degree at a local seminary.
- Take responsibility for the Wednesday evening Hang Out Nights for Jr./Sr. High youth to supervise and develop mentoring/discipleship relationships with them
- Be involved in the Friday evening Generations United ministry by providing support in the areas of teaching, organization, discipleship and leadership training.
- Meet with the Pastor of CE on a bi-weekly basis for Bible Study, review of the weekly activities, coordination of teaching schedules and development of future plans.
- Be available and willing to help with the UACC camping ministries by serving attending camps and retreats as a counselor to provide oversight and build relationships with the campers.
- Be available and willing to attend CE Board meetings as needed.
- Submit detailed monthly reports to the CE board for review.
- Provide support for Sunday morning Sunday School programs for Jr./Sr. High youth (If possible)
- Is spiritually mature, faithful and available to Jesus Christ for service
- Has ability to articulate a personal, saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Bilingual speaking ability (preferred not required).
- Seminary student or graduate (preferred, not required)
- Has demonstrable teaching skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Can relate well to both youth and adults in the congregation.
- Previous ministry experience with youth (preferred, not required)
- Is able to work cooperatively in a team ministry environment
How to apply
Interested parties should apply through the church office telephone number 323-851-5265, or via email at email@example.com.