The United Armenian Congregational Church is always seeking highly energetic people to join their leadership. Browse below our current openings.
Posted: January 22, 2021
The United Armenian Congregational Church (3480 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Los Angeles) is seeking a highly energetic Youth Pastor for approx. 20 hrs per week.
To plan and execute the Jr/Sr High Youth Ministries at UACC. May also qualify to meet the Field Education requirement for an M. Div. Degree at a local seminary.
- Develop mentoring/discipleship relationships with the Jr/Sr High Youth
- Coordinate a variety of outside and/or virtual activities to engender fellowship with and between the students on a weekly basis
Teach Bible Studies each Friday evening for the Generations United ministry and providing support with organization, discipleship and leadership training.
Meet with the Pastor of CE regularly for Bible Study, review of the weekly activities, coordination of teaching schedules and development of future plans.
Be available and willing to help with the UACC camping ministries by serving attending camps and retreats as a counselor to provide oversight and build relationships with the campers.
Be available and willing to attend CE Board meetings as needed.
Submit detailed monthly reports to the CE board for review.
Provide support for Sunday morning Sunday School programs for Jr./Sr. High youth.
Provide support and leadership for the ministries and programs of the Armenian Evangelical Youth Fellowship (Regional and National) and establish rapport with local ministries and institutions.
Manage all youth social media posting in cooperation with the UACC Office Coordinator and Media Manager.
The above activities will necessarily take place remotely, as required per health/safety guidelines, but it is expected that the Youth Pastor will be able to flexibly transition to in-person gatherings when appropriate.
- Is spiritually mature, faithful and available to Jesus Christ for service
- Has ability to articulate a personal, saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Bilingual speaking ability (preferred not required).
- Seminary student or graduate (preferred, not required)
- Has demonstrable teaching skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Can relate well to both youth and adults in the congregation.
- Previous ministry experience with youth (preferred, not required)
- Is able to work cooperatively in a team ministry environment
How to apply
Interested parties should send a letter of interest and resume/curriculum vitae describing their background to the church office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.