Reports To: Senior Pastor
Hours: Full Time (40+ hours per week)
Compensation: (TBD, Commensurate with Experience)
To coordinate the music/worship ministries of the church and create a smooth, blended experience for our church family that is meaningful for all ages and demographics.
Regardless of the job title or the description of responsibilities below, all members of the UACC Ministry team may be called upon to serve in other areas at times, according to the needs of the congregation and the gifting of the Holy Spirit.
– Facilitate and coordinate the music ministries of the church from children to adults (including children’s music, hand bell choir, youth choir, etc.)
– Plan the order of worship (including song selection; placement of special music and involvement of various worship leaders) for the Sunday worship services and other services/events/activities of the church as needed
– Conduct regular worship team rehearsals. Create a schedule for participation in the programs
– Conduct regular rehearsals with the choir/organist to prepare for participation in the worship programs of the church as well as for special concerts and holiday events.
– Participate in duties related to teaching/preaching the Word, administering the sacraments, and other areas of ministry as needed in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
– Recruit and give pastoral care to all the worship volunteers and staff including choir members, worship team members, instrumentalists, and children’s music coordinators.
– Coordinate the hiring of musicians as needed to support our special services and concerts
– Manage the disbursement of Music funds from the budget, dedicated/endowment funds.
– Encourage the spiritual growth of members/volunteers in the music programs via personal relationships that facilitate mental, physical, emotional, social, and vocational development.
– Be prepared to provide pastoral care for weddings, funerals, home and hospital visitations, baptisms and communions as needed.
– Attend appropriate staff, board, Church Council, or congregational meetings.
– Plan two outreach concerts/events each year to bring new people into the church
– An MDiv or another appropriate degree (Theology and the Arts; Worship Arts; Media Arts & Worship) from an accredited theological seminary
– Ordination is not a requirement, but it is a plus
– Strong commitment to Christ and the ability to articulate a personal faith.
– At least 3 years of experience with music and leading worship
– Ability to lead graciously as a servant with self-direction and initiative.
– Gifts in teaching, counseling, enabling, edifying, and equipping.
– Mature, experienced team person with strong administrative and organizational skills.
– Bilingual (English-Armenian) desirable but not required.